Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Yummy food for the busy woman

The Business Women Society is meant for women that are on the go. She is loud. She is proud. She dresses to impress and can balance fifty project all at the same time while completing them gracefully and with the best quality. With this type of women in mind, and yes I am one of these women, I understand that most of us aren’t treating our bodies with the healthiest food. Don’t get me wrong, I love the meals you steal from the freezer and take out of the box just to stuff it in the oven for 20 minutes, but it probably isn’t the best thing for anyone to consume on a regular basis. I am actually cooking tonight for my family and I need something healthy and easy. I think I found the perfect meal from Real Simple and I wanted to share it with you!


Ingredients

• 1 1/2 pounds small chicken cutlets (8 to 12)
• kosher salt and pepper
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 1/2 pints grape or cherry tomatoes
• 3/4 cup dry white wine (such as Sauvignon Blanc)
• 4 scallions, sliced
• 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon leaves, chopped

Directions
1. Season the chicken with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Working in 2 batches, cook the chicken until browned and cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer to plates.
3. Add the tomatoes to the skillet and cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until they begin to burst, 2 to 3 minutes.
4. Add the wine and simmer until the liquid is reduced by half, 2 to 3 minutes.
5. Stir in the scallions and tarragon and serve with the chicken.

This is all in one pan and lets face it…the less cleaning the better. If you know of any quick easy recipes for other business women to try out feel free to comment or go to BWSNETWORK..COM to start the conversation of better ways to eat today!

No comments:

Post a Comment